LIFE REVIEWS

9 books to read in 2014

If you’re anything like me and committed to reading more in 2014, this post is for you. I’m definitely focused on finding more evening time — maybe tuning out the reality TV once in a while! — in exchange for a gripping read. I’ve recently started The Invention of Wings (below) for a book club and am eager to dig into these.  TAGG’s last must-read books post in October was pretty popular, so I’m excited to bring you the 2014 edition (at least part 1). And, for another fun take on must reads, don’t miss Buzzfeed’s 16 books to read before they hit the big screen in 2014.

Update: we’ve also shared 9 books to read this summer! Check it out here.

9 Books to Read in 2014

hyperbole and a half // the goldfinch // the invention of wings

orphan train // the fault in our stars //  the husband’s secret

the girl you left behind // monuments men //  margot

21 Comments

Last Year’s Books (A Review of 9 books to Read in 2014) | better than basic bitches
    July 24, 2015 at 1:00 AM

[…] 9 books to read in 2014  […]

6 Books for a Better, Happier You | The Average Girl's Guide
    March 30, 2015 at 10:36 AM

[…] TAGG book features: Best Books for 2015 || Best Books for 2014 || Funniest […]

12 Must-Read Books for 2015 | The Average Girl's Guide
    January 5, 2015 at 5:00 AM

[…] of friends ask for book recs on Facebook so I know I’m not alone. Last year’s must-read books was one of TAGG’s most popular, so I’m back to share the best reads for 2015. Since […]

6 funny books to read now | The Average Girl's Guide
    December 2, 2014 at 5:00 AM

[…] read. Just read for some laughs, and for a book I can devour in a weekend. I know TAGG’s 9 books to read in 2014 was pretty popular so I’m back sharing my must-reads for the holiday season. Have any other […]

Florence
    July 16, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I love Hyperbole and a Half! Allie is so hilarious and real.

9 books to read this summer | The Average Girl's Guide
    June 20, 2014 at 5:00 AM

[…] it off with dreams about lounging pool or beachside, with a cool drink and a good, juicy read. Our 9 books to read in 2014 is our most popular post of the year, so we’re back sharing more great titles from easy […]

Annabelle Sims
    February 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I just finished The Fault In Our Stars, and it was INCREDIBLE! I recommend it to anyone who loves a good laugh and cry in the same chapter. Definitely a new favorite.

Nora Spaulding
    February 16, 2014 at 4:38 AM

I’m reading The Husbands Secret and its good, I got to the sucking in and thrilling part! I’m loving it! put it to the top of that list~ I’ll be doing a review for it once I’m done with it in a few weeks probably!

megan j
    January 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM

This is a wonderful list! I am reading The Goldfinch when we go on vacation next week. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie-York Avenue
    January 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I can’t wait to read The Invention of Wings. I read two books of Sue Monk Kidd’s about a million years ago, and I remember thinking that her writing was just beautiful. So I think I will love this new one of her’s!

Weekend Reading | Stripes & Sequins
    January 25, 2014 at 6:01 AM

[…] books to read this […]

KIMBERLY S
    January 23, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Thanks for the great suggestions! Do you review books too? 😀

Merritt Beck
    January 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I was just thinking I needed to add more books to my kindle collection – I’ll definitely be checking these out!

The Style Scribe

Dana Brillante-Peller
    January 21, 2014 at 7:23 PM

I just read Orphan Train and loved it. I also read The Chaperone – another good recommendation! Next on my list is The Goldfinch 🙂

Yuliya Olifer
    January 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I love the goldfinch. Great read!

Kayli Schattner
    January 21, 2014 at 3:27 PM

These look like some great books to tack onto the 2014 reading list. Thanks!

Alice
    January 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

A couple of these are already on my list. I love to read but never have time to read all the books I want! We just dropped in to introduce ourselves. We’re a shaving company called Dorco, and while you may not have heard of us yet, we’re changing the way razors are done in the U.S. and Canada. Our razors cost up to 70% less than the big guys’. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the quality of your shave. Our razors are crafted with the highest quality blades and moisturizing strips containing aloe and vitamin E to soothe and hydrate even the most sensitive skin. Read what others think about our products and our prices at DorcoUSA.com. Thank you for a great post!

KalleyC @BloggingWhileNursing
    January 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM

I haven’t heard of these books, but now I’m curious! I am going to have to check them out!

graceatwood
    January 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I’ve read a few of these and am bookmarking this to read the rest!

Happinessatmidlife
    January 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM

I have not heard of these books and will need to check them out. I am always on the look out for new authors.

Alice

Snaps of Ginger
    January 21, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I can’t wait to try these out! I’m a voracious reader and constantly have 2 or more books going at a time.

Thanks for sharing!