SHOP SMART (tips) STYLE

ogle or own: kate spade satchel

KateSpadeGreen

When I saw this “own” bag at Target last week I was immediately struck by how gorgeous it is as (this image doesn’t do it justice; it’s so pretty in person), and… the remarkable similarities to pricier Kate Spade satchels. While not a perfect dupe, the affordable version has such a similar resemblance to so many Kate Spade options that most wouldn’t even think twice. Plus, I love the idea of getting the structured satchel look in green — such a gorgeous hue as we veer toward spring — for under $400, and saving my money for a more classic color.

Kate Spade Green Satchel

kate spade // merona satchel

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Kristin Clark
    January 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

What a great find lady, good eye! As usual. lol

xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

Lynn-Holly
    January 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I’m so glad you posted this! I have been needing a new purse for way too long. I just haven’t bought one yet because all of the ones I want have been littttttle out of my price range. This Target bag is lovely. Happiness. I will probably buy it tonight.

Happy Tuesday! Stay warm.
    xx- Lynn-Holly from ThreeSistersAttic.blogspot.com

Tara
    January 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM

A green handbag would be a great addition to my closet :)

Kristin Swenson
    January 23, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Such a great color! I have a mini cross-body bag that color, but would love a bigger satchel!

jhall8
    January 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I’ve been wanting a green bag for a while now. If you had shown me both bags without identifying the brands, I still would have chosen the Merona bag. The color and styling are much more interesting. A green handbag is something I want now, but I don’t think it’s a life long purchase. I would never plunk down the $$ for the Kate Spade bag. Too trendy and the style is not classic enough. Give me the Merona!!

Lyddiegal
    January 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I love the color, and I love a bag for a steal, however I’ve decided bags are worth the investment. I’d for the KS.

Meghan Ouellette
    January 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Great color! I just got a very similar version from shoedazzle.

Snaps of Ginger
    January 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Oh! I am LOVING this green!!! Pretty sure it’s going to be my spring bag.

~Cheryl