Woah, September… where did you come from? I’m really excited for the long weekend…. I’m celebrating my gram’s 85th birthday with family coming in from near and far, hopefully getting some family snuggles, get to relax pool side, and perhaps do a little retail therapy, too (my online shopping addiction is getting a little intense if we’re being honest!). Too many good sales to resist, right?
A few favorites to scout out online or in store STAT:
- Lou & Grey: favorite new line of the season alert! Have you discovered this new brand by LOFT that’s all about the most perfect neutrals in these softest fabrics? Take advantage of this one. I’m addicted.
- Express: get 40% off the whole store right now. Express has been killing it; I keep finding really good tops, including the famous portofino blouse (apparently everyone has this! Ultra flattering… and love this print!), plus this and this (layer with a slouchy cardigan or denim jacket) are so great for fall.
- C. Wonder: if you haven’t familiarized yourself with the brand, take this 30% off chance to do so! Color, monograms, fun. The totes are the best thing on earth (and such a steal!), the pouches are so cool (and a great clutch!), and how cute are their home items?? Obsessed. Did I mention an extra 50% off all sale?
- Lulu & Georgia: for home… drool. The rugs, lighting, and oh, these fun little gift ideas under $25… I want it all. Finally click purchase on your shopping cart when you take 20% off everything with code XX.
- Ann Taylor: I recently purchased quite a few items for work to weekend looks, and have been so impressed! Don’t miss this dress and this perfect cool tee.
- BaubleBar is having a major, major sale. Add a little bling this fall with this, this gorgeous necklace, and how pretty is this bracelet for just $15?
- Nordstrom has already marked down lots of great fall merch! I got this to coordinate with my boy’s blue eyes, this skirt for my girl, and these booties for moi would be perfect for fall.
- J. Crew: score 25% off select fall merch with code ALMOST FALL. This silk cut-out tee has such beautiful details, and this zip tunic needs my closet.
- Anthropologie: The sales are so good! Extra 20% off sale… the shoes (obsessed & a steal!), the blouses, the dresses, oh my!
OK, that’s that… glad we got that out of the way. Find a few deals, and the, most importantly, enjoy your weekend!
You know that LWD that you’re not ready to retire just yet? You’re not alone. As fun as it is to talk about Fall, and I do loooovveee Fall clothes, it’s still better to hang on to summer. I always like to find ways to wear clothes in the typical off season, so long as it’s done the right way. For example, I’ll fully wear my neon hot pink sweater in the winter with faux black leather joggers or black pants, and darker accessories. Or, light denim with a chunky knit to the movies on a chilly night. Same goes with white dresses. The easiest way to bring it beyond Labor Day is to top it with a dark blazer and accessories.
Keep Reading —>>
The slip-on sneakers trend continues! I have a pair of black slip-ons (worn here; these are similar) and can’t wait to live in them this fall. They’re so easy, let my crazy self move faster than wearing flip-flops of flats — though I do love my flats! — and have that cool girl vibe. While I majorly coveted a leopard pair last year I couldn’t pull the trigger; $100 for leopard sneaks? Couldn’t do it. That’s why this pair is such a steal… get the look for way, way less. They’re currently on sale for $19! Wear them now with a v-neck tee and cut-offs, and pair them this fall with a denim button down and black leggings. Outfit with personality complete.
ogle: sam edelman // own: mossimo
This week starts back to school here, and for some of my friends, that means their kiddies are heading into kindergarten. Cannot even handle. Luckily I can hang on to my little “big” girl being little for one more year for that milestone. As everyone hits the back-to-school frenzy (anyone else nerding out over sales on school supplies?!), take this chance to evaluate your school… err, work… supplies. The perfect bag or tote should hold all your stuff, plus tech — iPads, headphones and anything else. For me, the best ones easily fit my notepad and a few files.
Here’s a few gorgeous girls sure to give you an A+ in the style meets functionality department. I have last year’s version of the Ann Taylor and C. Wonder totes below…. both are awesome, wear well, are work (to weekend) appropriate and have garnered more compliments than way pricier picks. Quick tip: while we could easily compile a list of only black and/or tan bags (as evidenced by our direction here), most of these come in multiple colors.
1. french connection (love the tweed!) 2. aldo 3. sole society (looks so luxe!) 4. tory burch (the perfect tote!)
5. ann taylor (even better than last year’s I have/love!) 6. kate spade 7. c. wonder (obsessed! I live for mine) 8. topshop (real leather for a steal!)