STYLE

watermelon vodkatini

It might be Thursday but we totally have Friday at 5 pm on the brain, and can’t help but dream about the Watermelon Vodkatini we deliciously sampled at PGA National Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. last weekend. It’s part of its lower cal spa refresher spa-tinis menu, with cocktails that pair with spa services. We mixed it up by trying the dreamsicle massage (the custom blended cream/oil combo was moisturizing without being oily… need it). I’ll fill you in more next week about its beautiful spa — it’s the perfect staycation! — but now we must get to the critical: the watermelon votkatini. I’m talking about this beauty:

Watermelon Vodkatini

Thanks to The Spa at PGA National for generously sharing the recipe, which is not only delicious, it only has 90 calories and has its health benefits!

The antioxidants in watermelon help reduce the severity of asthma and may also reduce the risk of colon cancer, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and prostate cancer. Watermelon is also very hydrating and helps to boost energy levels due to its high concentration of vitamin B.

Ingredients //
¾ cups seedless watermelon cubed
½ oz Vodka
¼ oz Melon liqueur
Splash of lime juice
¼ cup ice cubes
2 tbsp Splenda

Directions //
Dice ¾ cup of watermelon into small cubes. Puree the watermelon cubes in a blender and add vodka, melon liqueur, lime juice and ice and blend well. Pour into a martini glass and garnish with watermelon and lime slices.

Simply sipping this along with lunch and my arnold palmer (half lemonade, half tea) by the pool was pretty much heaven….

IMG_5647

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

Amanda
    October 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM

You need targeted visitors for your watermelon vodkatini | website so why not get some for free? There is a VERY POWERFUL and POPULAR company out there who now lets you try their traffic service for 7 days free of charge. I am so glad they opened their traffic system back up to the public! Check it out here: http://tiny6.com/nv1c

lauclark
    November 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Find out how you can make 100 bucks every day from your home! Just visit surveymoneymaker dot net

why staycations work, tagg visits pga national resort | The Average Girl's Guide
    August 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM

[…] same way, my husband and I indulged in a little staycation at PGA National Resort (remember this delish cocktail? Yeah, from this place!). They’re practically across the street, and have had a slew of […]

Kirstin Marie
    August 1, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I recently had a watermelon margarita with fresh watermelon in it – oh how divine it was. This looks super tasty!! xo

Michelle
    August 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Yum ! I love a good low cal cocktail :) Thanks for sharing the recipe !

Dana
    August 1, 2013 at 1:14 PM

this looks soooo delicious. love that it is low cal also!!!

The Casual Classic

Katie Weber
    August 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This looks delish, and is perfectly timed for my upcoming beach vacation. I’ll be adding melon liquor to the grocery list, and sipping this one while sitting on the sand :) Thanks for sharing!
    XO
    Katie

Tara
    August 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM

This looks yummy!

henryhappened
    August 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM

oh, yum, I like the look of this!