Deviating from “regular programming” to advise you that my photo was ripped off from this post and was being used on a Twitter profile by someone spewing awful anti-American remarks as it relates to the tragedy of Chris Kyle this weekend. I am a woman, a mother, and most of all, a very proud American. I would never, ever say anything hateful. Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows that. I have alerted authorities and luckily, the page has now been suspended. The absolutely only connection is a photo; how easy it to rip off a photo these days?

What’s scary — and why I’m bringing further attention to it for one moment in order to reply — is that it’s going too far. I’m getting hateful messages to my personal email, and to clients of mine. I can understand wanting to blame someone but just because there’s a photo doesn’t mean you have a match. Sadly, anyone can create a Twitter account with a photo of you ripped from the Internet, talk crap and then let you take the fall. Scary, especially when it starts hitting closer to home.

This is all I have, and will say, about this. Thank you to TAGG’s supporters, and look for Monday’s regular outfit post shortly.

Allie at Wardrobe Oxygen
    February 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Oh A, I am so sorry you are getting such attacks, and so sorry that there are such dumbasses that think your reply is BS. I work in social media and have been blogging for seven years and such jerks out there specifically choose certain sizes of blogs and sites to attack – enough to get traffic, but not enough to get press. This royally sucks, I am glad Twitter suspended the account, and wish you strength through this.

Final comment to the Orions of the world – stop and THINK, WHY would Alyson create a second account and associate her face with it, and not use her own account? And yeah, think Alyson would know how to spell and use proper grammar in her tweets. Get a life.

Michelle Levine
    February 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Oh no! Sorry you are dealing with this. Really scary! I hope everyone writing you will realize the mix up asap!

February 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM

So someone has had this twitter account, using your picture, for well over a year? Because anti-gun hysterical tweets have posted at a furious pace from this account for quite a while now.

N.Y. lawmakers poised to pass tough gun law via @USATODAY MARIO CUOMO IS THE HERO OF THE DAY!!!

20 days ago

518 more”

February 4, 2013 at 4:54 PM

..and why is that so hard to believe? Welcome to the internet.

Shannon Burke
    February 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

What a Bummer! This just goes to show that sometimes people suck. I would have never thought that stuff would come from you. So your real readers know you – brush off the meanies.

Hallie Wilson
    February 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Aly, keep your head up. Those who read and love your blog know that you’d never lash out with hurtful sentiments and in such a negative manner. x

February 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No way! That’s terrible. Lucky you found it so early!

There’s a lot of negativity in the comments below. All I have to say is even I know who Chris Kyle is. It was all over yahoo news. Surely you haters have seen Yahoo news? It’s right on their front page. How obtuse do you have to be to think that Alyson here at TAGG compromised her business by saying hurtful, inflammatory things? If you actually read this blog, you know that Alyson is a savvy business woman as well as a fashionista. I doubt she would sabotage herself, her blog, and her business by saying any of that crap.

Hope it all works out and things look better tomorrow Alyson!

February 3, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I’m sorry these people contacting you are so dumb. This is what our media and current educational system has created. This is such an obvious instance of hacking, and people are so thrilled to have an opportunity to accuse someone of being ethnically and racially biased. People literally get off on this type of thing now, and their total lack of critical thinking skills frightens the crap out of me.

Clarence Conner
      February 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Speaking of critical thinking skills, please note how the official explanation has changed from “my Twitter account was hacked and a photo was borrowed” to “a Twitter account borrowed my picture.”