Necklace Domination… Under $50

Necklaces can have truly transformative powers. They can take a more basic style and elevate it to magical, simply by just laying there. Consider what works best for you, for your lifestyle, your body type and  have fun with it. It’s so easy now to find extraordinary pieces under $50 — like all of the ones below — to make your jeans and a blouse, a t-shirt dress or a basic sheath total compliment inducers! TAGG Tip: just be aware how it lays across your chest. If you’re bustier, consider a shorter length so it doesn’t add more volume  — or sink into cleavage!)

bib: royal floral || gold peter pan collar (under $7!) || chain and jewel necklace (deal!) || cobalt baubles (take $10 off for first purchase!)

chainknotted chain link ||  tortoise shell (majorly obsessed!) ||   black and gold || double chain gold links ||

bold:  luxe stone (2 colors) ||  stone bib mesh ||  pink multi-strand necklace  (sale: now under $20!)||  pink, grey + yellow “willemstad”

September 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Want all of these! Thanks for sharing. Also, I’m really excited to see YouTube fashion icon Alexa Losey on today’s GirlsGuideTo live G+ hangout – they said viewers can ask tons of questions about fashion, beauty, sex, relationships, etc. 4PM PST @

Vent Sesh Update + Prayers Needed | The Average Girl's Guide
    September 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

[…] have many more issues beyond finding a fabulous necklace (though I do want all in yesterday’s post!), finding a solution to get out a stain or how best to affordable decorate our […]

Stephanie @ henry happened
    September 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I’m so behind in getting fun necklaces to layer – I keep telling myself to be bold 🙂 I love your picks – that blue necklace is gorgeous!

Jenni Weinacht
    September 18, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I’m obsessed with statement necklaces! Love that first one. Thx for posting!

September 18, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I love me a good statement necklace, these are all fantastic!

Melanie R
    September 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

These are all great pieces! Thanks for sharing 🙂

gameday stylist
    September 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Love that blue baublebar necklace!

– Sara @ Gameday Stylist

Grace - Stripes & Sequins
    September 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Soooo many great options! (And I spy lots of BaubleBar… thanks!)

Kirstin Marie
    September 18, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Cuteness!! You are definitely right about necklaces & being busty. Some just don’t look as cute!

The Avg Girl Guide
      September 18, 2012 at 7:17 AM

KM: while I can’t relate, I have quite a few friends who can… and going a bit shorter has definitely made a difference…. or simple stack the arm with bangles and avoid the issue.

Laurel Walker
        September 18, 2012 at 7:49 AM

I am busty, too, and I love necklaces. I always end up with them banging around my chest as I walk and it looks ridiculous… Going short has made ALL the difference, though I still have some love for my longer necklaces.

Zoe Fonseca-Kelly
    September 18, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Do you think the big pieces still work on little frames/petite bodies? Also- would you wear them under a button down shirt???

The Avg Girl Guide
      September 18, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I think so, though proportion is key. I am 5’3 and wear bold necklaces. Feel free to tweet a pic for another opinion! 🙂

Stacie Abney
      September 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Don’t be afraid, I have two necklaces like the last one in the top row (different colors) and I’m 5’1″ and get loads of compliments at work from them. Go bold!

September 18, 2012 at 6:41 AM

You know I’m loving this post – really digging the second one in from the left on the bottom row, but when I click on the link it takes me to a different product? Can you send me the info for it?

The Avg Girl Guide
      September 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM

HI! So sorry about that… fixed now, and tweeted it to you! LOVE that one, too.