I had intended all week to make the recipe you see below except with dark chocolate. However, an epiphany at about 11:30 pm Tuesday night told me this would make the perfect St. Patty’s Day treat. Get the ingredients today for a quick chocolatey treat for your office or clients on Friday, or share with girlfriends, or make for plans this weekend.
It’s so simple — the prep is just 15 minutes — and once you make chocolate bark once you’ll immediately see a million variations that can be made (I know I did!). Different chocolates, nuts, fruits, spices. Endless possibilities… dangerously endless possibilities!
St. Patrick’s Day Green Chocolate Bark
Three 11 oz. bags white chocolate chips (brand used: Ghiradelli)*
Approx. 1/2 cup almonds, chopped (I liked ones that are lightly salty; hello salty and sweet!)
Approx. 1/2 cup dried cranberries (use according to preference)
Green food coloring
This makes a HUGE batch so simply modify according to your needs.
1. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet
2. Place white chocolate in glass bowl and microwave. TAGG tip: I microwaved half of each bag at a time, in 25 second intervals. Stir between intervals until smooth to avoid burning.
3. Once melted, drop in food coloring until desired shade of green (I did on average seven drops per 1/2 bag). To expedite the process, I rotated between bowls so chocolate was always melted.
6. Place in refrigerator until firm. Perk: this took me just one hour however can take up to several hours depending on the climate.
7. Once the bark is hard, cut or break into pieces. The more free-form the better… and the tastier!
You can serve as I have for a party, or wrap in celephane for an easy, pretty individual gift (any time of year).